Why We Partner With NASM

The National Academy of Sports Medicine or NASM for short, is the most  recognized and accepted Personal Training Certification in the United States.  Some gyms, such as Lifetime Fitness, only hire trainers with a NASM certification. This is because the NASM curriculum not only teaches you how to help your clients see progress quickly, it also provide you with methods and tools to continue to build on that progress week after week and month after month. Employers want trainers that can produce client results quickly and have the ability to deliver continued results that keep clients coming back.

Why The Fitness Trainer Academy

The only thing employers like better than an NASM trainer on their staff, is having a NASM trainer that has also had extensive hands-on (in the gym) practical training. At The Fitness Trainer Academy, not only explain each term and concept in the NASM curriculum, we also provide activities that let students apply each NASM concept in a live training simulation. Knowledge is useless unless you can effectively relay it to others. At The Fitness Trainer Academy we help bridge the gab between knowledge and its application to real life personal training.

Why Earn Your CPT

Becoming a certified personal trainer (CPT) qualifies you to work with many different populations of people and allows you the proper credentials to work just about anywhere. Not everyone is hiring someone with only a group fitness, yoga, Zumba or boxing certification, but almost every fitness facility or program is looking for a good certified personal trainer. Of course its a plus to have a specialty, such as group fitness, yoga or boxing, but these minor credentials that alone typically will get over looked in a resume pile. Your CPT lets employers know you understand how the body works and what type of exercise programming is required to help a client achieve their goals safely.

Sports Nutrition Specialization

Exercise is really only 25% of the whole picture when it comes to health. The other 75% is nutrition! Part of our base curriculum is a heavy emphasis on nutrition and how to implement a nutrition plan with the least amount of psychological or physiological stress on the client. Because we have an entire section of the course dedicated to nutrition we also issue a Nutrition Specialization Credential when you complete the program.

Local Campuses And Convenient Class Schedules

We have campus locations in (3) major Texas cities, including Dallas, Houston and Austin. We have convenient weekend, day and evening classes that are just once a week. We know you may be still working full time while trying to earn your personal training certification, so we have a variety of schedules available.

Highly Qualified And Experienced Instructors

All of our instructors have 10 + years of experience in the fitness industry. This experience ranging from being a gym owners, fitness managers, wellness program coordinators, full time trainers and more. The experience of our instructors is the real value of our course, students learn from someone that has been where they are looking to go. All together, our (3) senior instructors have 50+ year of experience that they use to educate and mentor future trainers.

Job Placement Assistance

There is no lack of employers that want to hire our graduates in Austin. From large commerical gyms like Golds, 24 Hr Fitness and LA Fitness, to out door boot camps like Camp Gladiator, they all want a qualified and knowledgeable Fitness Trainer Academy trainer to join their team. We allow employers to schedule presentations for current students, we have live job boards, we can even help facilitate interview with your idea employer after graduation. The support from us doesn’t end when you finish your course. We are your lifetime resource.

Cost of Enrollment

The Fitness Trainer Academy is the most affordable program in Austin for earning your CPT in a physical classroom setting with hands-on (in gym) training. There are similar programs, but none that offer the NASM-CPT + Sports Nutrition + Hands-On Training + Job Placement Assistance + All Your Materials Are Provided For You + The Ability To Re-Attend Parts or The Entire Course As Many Times As You Like.

Cost if paid in full upon registration: $1,799

Includes: NASM-CPT Exam, Re-Test Voucher, CPR/AED Course, Uniform, NASM Textbook, Online Student Account and All Necessary Course Materials.

Cost if splitting total amount in (3) equal payments: $1,899 ($633/m x 3)

Includes: NASM-CPT Exam, Re-Test Voucher, CPR/AED Course, Uniform, NASM Textbook, Online Student Account and All Necessary Course Materials.

Cost if using in-house payment plan: $1,599 ($399 Down & $199/m x 6)

Includes: NASM Textbook, Online Student Account ad All Necessary Course Materials.

*These are our default options, if you would like to discussed a custom payment plan or enrollment package, please reach out.*